Heavy Vehicle Service Manager – Welshpool, Perth.
Make the right career move in 2012. Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Heavy Vehicle Service Manager to join this leading company and oversee their busy service department in Welshpool, Perth.
- Exciting opportunity to join a progressive & expanding company
- Senior Management role in a high quality team
- Solid and growing customer base
Are you an experienced Heavy Vehicle Service Manager?
Do you have a good work ethic, a desire to deliver outstanding customer service, have good organisation and people skills and enjoy the responsibility of managing a busy service department? If so, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, ambitious and hard working person to join a rapidly expanding heavy duty vehicle servicing company based in Welshpool, Perth.
Westrans have been in business since 1992 and are a major player in the repair, maintenance and servicing of a wide range of heavy duty vehicles, including prime movers, rigid trucks, trailers, forklifts, cranes and much more.
The role of Service Manager is a varied and challenging one and would suit an individual who has a real flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude and is willing to provide support across a range of areas ensuring success. The successful candidate will need to be a confident self starter, with the ability to perform well under pressure and a meticulous approach to delivering quality work. Resourcefulness and people skills will be essential.
If this sounds like you then why not become a part of our talented team and give yourself the opportunity to grow and develop an outstanding career?
Skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years experience managing a Heavy Vehicle Service Department.
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly motivated and passionate
Reporting to the Managing Director your key responsibilities will be:
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- The safe operation, planning, direction and cost effective control of the Workshop.
- Safely and effectively deliver production targets in managerial, planning and production roles.
- Develop and monitor Workshop Budgets.
- Mentoring, development and coaching of staff.
- HR duties including recruitment, pay issues and disciplinary actions.
- Directly responsible for overseeing apprenticeship training requirements.
- Co-ordinate production and maintenance activities to maximise production capacity availability.
- Ensuring workshop Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) procedures and compliance is adhered to and managed.
- Compilation and implementation of weekly, monthly and quarterly production plans.
- Chairing monthly tool box meetings.
- Ensure accurate timesheets and production reports are completed.
- Identifying and negotiating supply contracts with key vendors.
- Establishing professional relationships with key vendors as well as developing potential alternative sources of supply for all key materials, negotiate standby sources and maintain an up-to-date list of acceptable suppliers for all products.
- Revision of min/max stock level requirements with spare parts controllers.
- Preparing of quotes, tender and contract reviews.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure on time deliveries and contributions are met
- Analyse current procedures and activities to identify opportunities for improvement of workshop activities that result in either cost reductions or improved equipment performance or availability.
- Amalgamate planning process and implement procedures to meet work management KPI’s.
- Perform Operations Mangers role in his absence.
A generous and negotiable remuneration package based on a basic of $??k plus incentives will be discussed with the successful applicant. A company vehicle and phone are provided and standard superannuation is paid.
To apply for this position, please call Westrans on (08) 9356 1333 or 0407 483 330 or forward an updated resume to Gerry Marshall at email@example.com