Steve has been with Westrans Services since 1995. Throughout his time working within the business Steve has performed many diverse roles within the business. Steve is currently working within the business as a Department of Transport approved Vehicle Examiner as well as assisting within the workshop and offsite.
Some of the responsibilities as the Breakdown Coordinator include:
- Answering after hours breakdown phone calls.
- Liaising with Service Manager regarding after hours work.
- Organising and delegating after hours call out team members.
Alex has been an employee of Westrans Services since December 2012.Alex has a wide range of experience within the Road Transport/Mechanical Industry which has taken him all over the world.
Some of the responsibilities as theWorkshop Supervisor Alex
- Maintains the efficiency and productivity of the workshop.
- Ensures occupational health and safety standards are met.
- Assists with the learning and development of apprentices.
- Maintains and implements safe work procedures.
- Maintains deadlines and job expectations, liaisons with Workshop Manager if unable to be met.
Daniel started at Westrans Services in 2005 as a service advisor until he left to travel the world in 2008.
In 2010 Daniel resumed his employment with Westrans as a field service technician and has since progressed to the role of Service Manager.
Some of the responsibilities as the ServicesManager Daniel:
- Managesa workshop with over 20 Mechanics, trade assistants and apprentices.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manages productivity and efficiency of the workshop.
- Delegates and assigns workshop jobs.
- Produces quotations on work to be carried out.
- Assists the Managing Director in achieving financial and long term business objectives.
Steph has been a part of the Westrans family for many years and been a staff member since 2012. Starting out as a Parts and Services assistant Steph has developed to the role of Accounts officer while also looking after the Reception area.
Some of the responsibilities as the Accounts Officer include:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Answering and directing company phone calls
- Updating and maintaining company advertising.
- Liaising with the Chief Financial Officer regarding business cash flow.
- Assist Services and Parts Department to maintain customer satisfaction.
Gerry Taylor has been a key part of the Westrans Services teamstarting with the company in 2002.
Since then, Gerry has become the Chief Financial Officer and Board Member assistingthe Managing Director
in developing Westrans Services into the successful company that it is today.
Some of the responsibilities as the Chief Financial Officer include:
- Oversees all business financials and financial transactions.
- Manages administrative and reception staff members.
- Financial Planning, Risk Assessment and Forecasting.
- Liaisons with Accounts Officer regarding business cash flow.
- Managing and Understanding all Company Liabilities.
Joe has been a part of the Westrans Services Company since 1994. Heavy Vehicle Mechanic by trade, Joe has over 40 years’ experience in the industry. One of Joes many attributes is his passion for education and providing opportunities for apprentices to gain a hands on experience outside of the classroom.
Some of the responsibilities as the Managing Director include:
- Financial and long term business planning
- Negotiating and expanding company profile.
- Formulating and implementing planning and procedures.
- Overseeing and supporting workshop management team in all operations.
- Maintaining cohesion and maximising efficiency of the business.